With Odin, you can easily flash a stock firmware on the Samsung Galaxy
S8 or S8 Plus. An official firmware reverts the phone back to stock. So
if you are rooted or have a custom recovery or ROM installed, they will
all be gone. Flashing a stock firmware is a great way to revert the
phone back to stock, and make it look like brand new
First, Download files
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 USB Drivers
- Odin flashing tool for Galaxy S8 (Download)
- Stock firmware for S8 and S8+ (Download)
- Go to the firmware download page, and enter your phone’s model
number. If you don’t know it, go to Settings > About Phone > Model
Number. You can download builds for Exynos and Snapdragon variants of
S8 and S8+.
- Turn off your phone. Press and hold the volume down, Bixby and power keys at the same time to go into download mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the included USB cable.
- Download Odin and extract it. Launch the program.
- If the firmware you downloaded is in a zip file, extract it. You will receive a tar.md5 file.
- On Odin, click on AP and select the newly downloaded stock firmware.
- Click on the start button.
This will start the installation process of the stock firmware. Once
the process is over, the phone will automatically reboot. Your Galaxy S8
or S8+ will now be back to stock.